So tonight was a interesting night. I had went walking earlier in the day with Dianne and the girls and we walked for a solid 45 minutes and it felt great. I've been trying to take Zaidy on walks every night and actually jog with her. So far, I've only jogged for a distance of maybe a little under half a mile. Well, today I decided to just push it. I'm tired of thinking every day how much I need to jog more and actually get back up to a mile and then start pushing it farther, since truthfully I have never actually ran more than a mile for my whole exercise history. I think I got close to 2 or 3 when I ran with Dad back when I had just gotten out of high school, but never more. I love reading my friends blogs who are actual running fanatics and run marathons, and I've always thought that'd be awesome to do. I loved looking at pictures of Wynne, when she would compete too. Any hoot, tonight I decided I'm not getting anywhere by being stagnent so I pushed it to just under a mile and let me tell you I feel awesome. I wasn't fatigued, I wasn't burning too much, I wasn't dying of breath and I'm pretty sure I could've kept going, but unfortunately, Zaidy could not. She started trailing behind me after lap two and then she just trailed behind me by a foot. It was sad to quit, but I really do not like punishing the dog. Haha!! I love it and hope that I can keep it up!! How are you guys doing??? =0)
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away."
— Mark Twain
— Mark Twain
How true
My fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
Labels
- Fun Stuff (1)
2 comments:
That's AWESOME you are running again. Even if it is jogging. I have been walking everywhere...here on base it's easy b/c it's so small. Anyways, sorry to hear about Zaidy getting pooped. LOL. I am working on getting an Elliptical. They work better for my knees and ankles. Over the years my knees just don't want to cooperate.
I think that is great - fantastic and I could feel your energy through the post - I'm going running tomorrow morning...it's been over a week!! Take Zaidy for one lap (a warm-up) and then hook her up outside the house while you stretch a bit and then go for it! Full speed ahead!
Post a Comment